The full credit for this recipe will have to go to my roommate, @thevmh. He found this one and adapted it, so this one is officially his baby- and it’s a straight up masterpiece. Something about the texture of the chia seeds- almost like nano tapiocas… mmm.
But, enough chat- time for the recipe.
Gonna try out this recipe? Don’t forget to tag your Instagram pictures to see yours show up on this page:
Chia Seed Pudding
By Published: January 11, 2013
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
Something about the texture of the chia seeds in this gluten-free, dairy-free chia seed pudding... almost like nano tapiocas. Mmmm.
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup water or coconut water
- 1/4 cup cashew butter or other nut butter, like almond butter
- 1 tablespoons honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pomegranate seeds separated and washed. Or, fruit of your choice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- shredded coconut unsweetened (for garnish)
- In a bowl, combine water, coconut milk, honey, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, salt, Add cashew butter. Stir until smooth.
- Put the chia seeds into a bowl. Pour liquid mixture over the seeds, and stir until evenly distributed.
- Cover, and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to let the pudding thicken.
- Serve into small bowls, and garnish with a handful of pomegranate seeds and shredded coconut.
- Course: Dessert